Rearview Mirror is a 12-part series. Each of the 12 posts represents one month of life on the road, an ode to the last 31 days. Buckle up and hang on to those armrests with all you’ve got, we’re going fast.
We started out the month banging our heads against a hotel room wall in Scottsdale, Arizona. Once we found a temporary solution to the valet “incident,” we got back on the move in a comfy rental RV. As we await Jolene’s repair, nothing is keeping us from enjoying our time on the highway.
HERE’S THE NUMERICAL BREAKDOWN OF OUR FIFTH MONTH ON THE ROAD:
Showers Taken: 12
We have a shower in the RV and hardly use it. Is that gross?
Meals Eaten Out: 45
Making up for loss time = less time to cook!
Nights in a Real Bed: 7
The RV beds aren’t real beds are they?
Miles Driven: 2,943
The RV is slow.
States Visited: AZ, CA, UT
No new states this month. We couldn’t stray far so we could be around to pick up the van. We’re way behind “schedule” now!
Photos Taken: 3,510
Justin: 2,252 | Adam: 1,258
HERE ARE A HANDFUL OF THE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Adam celebrated his birthday a little late, but in the ocean.
- Justin traded his old surfboard for something fishier.
- Three days isn’t nearly enough time in Yosemite.
- Hanging out with the unsung heroes of our national parks made our Sequoia NP experience an amazing visit.
- We won the lottery!
- We also won the slots!
- Utah showed us its wetter, less desert-y side.
- The Wave in Arizona was a desert oasis!
- Memorial Day weekend at a national park teaches patience.