As Florida boys, we are accustomed to hot and humid summers. This year, we opted for the exact opposite. In the Pacific Northwest, we got cool, damp, summer days before making the trek up to Alaska to bring our state count up to 20 for the year so far!
HERE’S THE NUMERICAL BREAKDOWN OF OUR SEVENTH MONTH ON THE ROAD:
Showers Taken: 8
That averages one to every 4 days or so. That’s not terrible, right?
Meals Eaten Out: 9
Mostly fast food and a couple Alaskan pub burgers.
Nights in a Real Bed: 3
Shoutout to friends, new and old, who let us stay on their floors, couches, and spare bedrooms. Our 5” thick trucker mattresses are getting a workout.
Miles Driven: 5,084
This puts us at a total of 26,059 for the year so far! Our Alaska Highway drive pushed us well over the distance of the circumference (24,902 miles) of Earth!
States Visited: OR, WA, AK (+ Yukon Territory & British Columbia in Canada!)
Coming to a town near you.
Photos Taken: 4,385
Justin: 1,806 | Adam: 2,579
HERE ARE A HANDFUL OF THE HIGHLIGHTS:
- We continued to find happiness in our backyard.
- 4th of July was spent in a foreign climate.
- People get paid to throw fish in Seattle!
- We toured the best brewery in Washington.
- Canada welcomed us with open arms.
- The Alaska Highway was a piece of cake!
- Denali gave us plenty of space to explore.