Rearview Mirror is a 12-part series. Each of the 12 posts represents one month of life on the road, an ode to the last 30 days. Buckle up and hang on to those armrests with all you’ve got, we’re going fast.
Apologies for the over-used analogy, but this month really was a roller coaster. We had relaxing days on the coast of Central California and grueling days in the desert. We spent days cruising on winding mountain roads and then ran into more van trouble. But it wasn’t our fault! We may be down, but we’re never out.
HERE’S THE NUMERICAL BREAKDOWN OF OUR FOURTH MONTH ON THE ROAD:
Showers Taken: 12
We spent the last few days of the month in a hotel while working with Merrell. Consistent showering is a godsend.
Meals Eaten Out: 14
Did I mention we spent a few days with our fantastic Merrell team?
Nights in a Real Bed: 11
Refer to previous 2 sections.
Miles Driven: 3,438
The road is home.
States Visited: CA, NV, UT, AZ
Coming to a town near you.
Photos Taken: 3,099
Justin: 1,706 | Adam: 1,393
HERE ARE A HANDFUL OF THE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Death Valley revived us.
- We hung out with fellow nomads in Santa Barbara
- A change of plans led us to Big Sur.
- Red Rock Canyon showed us the outdoorsy side of Vegas.
- Then Vegas took our money.
- Justin almost moved to Moab.
- We ran a Tough Mudder with Merrell!
- Jolene was put out of commission….